Rodents have become one of the most disastrous urban pests. With the sole exception of man, the most successful and abundant mammals on the earth today are Rodents. They live at man’s expenses; invade his home, eat his food and damage his commodities. They are responsible for transmitting various disease to man. They breed rapidly and contaminate his food with their faeces, urine and hair. There gnawing ability is responsible for not only structural and property damage but also short circuits and fire. They nibble at few cables and entire communication or computer network collapses.
The Rats commonly encountered in and around human habitation are:
- House Mouse: Smallest of the rodent found in homes, brown to grey in color. It prefers the ground level; and can make nests in sofas, upholstery, old files insulation etc.
- Roof Rat: Slightly larger than the house mouse, dark brown to black in color. It prefers higher areas such as false ceiling and rafters, where it makes nests. Very cautions by nature, it shies away from new objects.
- Indian Bandicoot Rat: The largest of Indian rats, it is found near garbage bins and refuse collection areas. It lives in burrows, often excavated in footpath tiles and concrete.
Facts about Rodents:
- Do you know that the teeth of a rat can grow up to 2.5 mm a weak so it has to bite and gnaw something to grind their teeth to maintain its length.
- Rat can enter through a finger sized hole also, by adjusting its body size.
- Rat always takes the old route but mouse is adventurous and tries new routes.
Diseases caused by Rats:
Plague, Salmonellosis, Rat bite fever, Smallpox, Choriomenigitis, Leptospirosis and others.
Sky High Advance Rodent Management Service:
Sky high uses three types of methods of rodent control –
- Veg and Non Veg baiting – Under this method small balls are placed having attractants for rats. The bait is placed at strategic location which the rodents frequently visit. It kills the rats.
- Glue/Gum Pads – This method is used to catch hold of live rats. This treatment is very effective for mice.
- Traps – Under this method scientifically designed traps are used which hit on the spinal cord of the rat and kills them.
Sky high experts make a visit to the affected area and suggest the method or combination of method to be applied. We have expertise in both killing and catching live rats. Being a mammal rats have developed brain and by constant killing rats start repelling to that area.
Treatment is being done every month or sometimes twice a month depending on the level of infestation.
Benefits of our treatment
- Treatment to both kill or catch the live rat
- Easy application, no need to vacate the premises
- We provide post treatment cleaning service
- Treatment can be done in your presence without affecting routine life
- No chemical spray, completely odorless